Sunday, June 26, 2011

Antique Beauties

Salutations ladies...
Here is something I've been wanting to show you!
I found these pictures at THIS website called Carmel Doll Shop. They have ANCIENT dolls that they sell for thousands of dollars! But you must go there and look around.
*** I even found this one that you should look at Miss T.G. and Miss Cora. Although it doesn't have a date. (Maddeningly unhelpful I know.)***
It is amazing! Especially the Early Dolls section and the furniture section! They have all sorts of dolls and clothes and furniture (doll size of course!). But these I thought were the most wonderful!
This one is from the regency era I believe. Doesn't she have such a beautiful face?

This one looks 1830's to me. Look at that beautiful bonnet! I want one..
This one I think is 1830's or 40's but it's hard to tell. The curls on the front of her hair are real human hair! Oh my!

I think this one is my favorite. She is a papier mache from the 1840's. Just look at her sleeves and the double piping on the neckline! Ah! If I were ever to recreate a doll, it might be this one.



And just look at this Gallant from the early/mid 1800's. Quite the gentleman.

Well, that is all I have for today... I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures. I am aching to know what everyone else is doing! Please leave a comment and tell us what you've been about or even what you hope to do. :)
With much love,
Emaline

No comments: