Thursday, September 8, 2011

Doll Bonnet TutoriaL: Part II ~ decorated bonnet



Here are some pictures of my bonnet after I decorated it.
I decided I didn't like the green ribbon and exchanged it for a lovely blue one. I almost didn't  because I thought it might not match very many of my dresses. But then I remembered this bonnet!
And she wears it with orange gloves! And I figure that if Elizabeth Bennet can do it than so can I.
And so part of my inspiration for this choice was this bonnet that I love! 
The linen I used was a gift from my darling friend Cora and the ribbon is what she used to tie it up. Thank you Cora dear!
 And here it is on Alice. Doesn't she look charming?
 For the decoration I gathered the ribbon in the same way I did with the green (see Doll Bonnet Tutorial Part I), but this time I pinned it on with applique pins! You can find them at any fabric store I dare say. They're about 1/2" long so they work perfect for doll things. (And doll size pin cushions I might add!)
For the flowers I took these silk flowers off of the stems and pinned them all on separately.
Some time I'd like to add flowers on the inside of the brim and maybe add a ruffle (or what I believe is called a "curtain") at the back.





Here I am in my Sunday bonnet and shawl. (The shawl is in fact a lovely doily I found at a thrift store. It had a couple stains on one side so I just folded it in half! I am going to try to wash it though.)






I hope you enjoyed this bonnet tutorial! I had lots of fun with it. Please let me know what you think and if you try it, let me know if you have any questions! And now that it's finally done I can get to posting some other stuff that I've been wanting to do. Including some really fun photo shoots with me and some with Alice!
I hope you all have a fabulous day! 
Love, Emaline

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I love your china doll!! (:

SisterlyLove said...

Thank you so much Arwen!

Ha ha! My sister was sitting here when I saw your comment and I had to exclaim "Aimee! Arwen left a comment on our blog!" Ha ha! How wonderful!

Thanks for visiting!
Emaline

Diaghilev said...

I have just discovered your blog. It is fantastic. Please keep it up as I will be a devoted follower.