I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had a very nice holiday with lots of family and food and gaiety and not much time for blogging. But we did all have a lovely time.
We are all getting so excited for Christmas at our house! We have been singing and listening to Christmas music constantly, and working on Christmas gifts almost as much. :)
We went out to the woods to get our Christmas tree and had a fire and some hot peppermint tea. Our tree is standing very tall in our living room with many lovely (and some very...homemade) little ornaments, colorful lights and candy canes of course.
This week we will transform our house into a Christmas Cottage (I hope!) and continue to make and wrap Christmas gifts.
We're having so much fun. Even with working and chores and the other daily hazards of life, we always make it a point to really enjoy Christmas and everything it means and stands for. I hope you will too. :)
And just in case you need some ideas....
Ways to Enjoy Christmas:
1. Watch The Snowman on the first day it snows
2. Drink hot cocoa, hot tea or eggnog at least once a day
3. Wish EVERYONE you see a Merry Christmas
4. sing Christmas carols in your opera voice, Elvis voice or just any-way-you-want voice
5. hug your mom, sister, cousin or cat once or more a day
6. Watch a Charlie Brown Christmas
7. Make snow angels
8. Put extra Marshmallows on your hot chocolate
9. Sit in your living room with all the lights off except the Christmas tree lights and stare in utter silence for at least 5 minutes
10. Catch snowflakes on your tongue
11. Make something very Christmas-y, like a fig pudding or peppermint bark or fudge. Mmm...
12. Remember and share your best Christmas memories
I hope everyone has the best Christmas this year!
I am so thankful for Christmas and for our Savior whose birth we are celebrating!
p.s. I have a very interesting piece of news for you in my next post! Keep your eyes open!