Here are my 18th c. shoes!
These were so much fun to make. As usual I used the "drape" (or in this case, 'wrap') method. I did the embroidery on the same fabric I used for the dress. The soles and heels are made from leather and then glued on the upper part of the shoe. They are lined with cotton.
Because they are a slip on shoe, I was finally forced to make some stockings to cover up my, *ehem* painted on boots.
I used some very stretchy knit fabric scraps, pinned them on, inside out, and sewed them with a back-stitch, while they were on. It worked very well. smile...
To keep the shoes on, I stuck an applique or sequin pin through the shoe and stocking on the inside of each foot. If you look at the above picture closer you can see it.
Here you can see how little they are. They measure about 1 3/4" x 1/2".
Love to you all!
p.s. Up next will be dress pictures!