Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Alice's Winter Accessory - Panda Hat

I have decided to make a replica of my favorite winter stocking hat.
 I was having some doubts about making something for Winter when it was starting to get warm outside. So, lucky for me, our nice, warm, Spring weather has turned into quite a cold, snowy, rainy, knitting sort of weather. :) In fact, we had such a rainy afternoon, and it's such a tiny thing, that I got it done so quickly and didn't even need to post progress pictures!
My Panda Hat


 The inspiration:
 Olive is teaching me how to knit! I'm having SO much fun! And it's way easier than I thought it would be. But then... I have a magnificent teacher. =] You can see her gorgeous projects on Ravelry under the name sisterlylove.

Cozy!

This project took hardly any yarn at all. I used a teeny-tiny scrap.
First, I measured my head and then knit a rectangle as wide as that measurement. On the last 2 rows, I knit 2 together, drew the top together, then sewed the side ends together to make it into it's final hat shape.

Next, make 2 itty-bitty black pompons, sew them on as desired and get ready to embroider the face with the same black yarn. I just embroidered right on top of the stitches in a way that looks like color work, but isn't. (There is a name for it but I can't think of it!) This hat was very easy to make once I learned how to knit. =] Yay!
 
 I love it so!I've been wearing it constantly.. even in the house! Silly goose that I am. =]
The shirt I made last year on a camping trip out of scraps from an old pair of flannel pj's! The buttons I found at Joann Fabrics. Aren't they the perfect size?
Well, I hope you like my project and you are inspired to do your own!

Remember EVERYONE is welcome at this Craft-Along! Please join us! We'd love it if you did!

Love to you all!
Alice

3 comments:

Anna said...

Love, love, love!!! Panda hat!! Okay...sorry, forgot about ladylike behavior. *ahem* You're hat is quite lovely Alice! I love it! You did a splendid job on it! and you have inspired me! I need to get busy on my accessory! :)
♥ Cora

SisterlyLove said...

So cute! It turned out so good.

Olive

Emaline Foster said...

Thanks ever so!

And it's ok to freak out... It makes me feel so much more... complimented. =]
Ha ha!
xo
Alice