Sunday, March 24, 2013

Emaline's "Bosom Friend" - Finished!

ANNE: "My greatest wish, apart from staying at Green Gables, would be to have a bosom friend."
MARILLA: "A what kind of friend?"
ANNE: "A bosom friend; a really kindred spirit. I've dreamt of meeting her all my life."

   I love this quote from Anne of Green Gables. And Marilla's face when she says it! Oh, it's too precious!
 
 I have finished my Winter Accessory Craft-Along Project! Hooray! Hooray!
 I am quite tickled and pleased with how it turned out!

I did block it, but I only used 3 pins because it knitted so well into the right shape already.

Since I used a shawl pattern, I added braided ties and tassels (yay!), and then poked them through the holes in the middle, at the point and tied them in a bow to make it into a Heart Warmer. (Oh! I just can't decide what name I like the best! They're all so charming!)


I love this yarn so much! And now I have a "bosom friend" to be with me all the time! he he!

And speaking of bosom friends...  I have been reading the Anne of Green Gables series and I am absolutely in love with them!
Especially the first book. It is out of a dream!
 And... look what I found! My favorite part in Anne of Avonlea. Well, the whole movie is practically my favorite part, but you know how that goes... :)
Here it is... (watch from 2:58) Where Anne and Marilla are reunited. So wonderful! Makes me cry every time.



Well, I hope everyone has enjoyed this little craft along as much as I have. It certainly gave me a boost on some projects I've wanted to make for a long time!
We are certainly not done yet! There are still quite a few good days left in March, so if you haven't added your accessory yet, please do! We'd love to see them!

And now.... since March is departing and Winter is dwindling... I am thinking of what we should do next!

Does anyone have any ideas for our next blog party?

♥Emaline

1 comment:

SisterlyLove said...

It turned out SO beautifully! I just love it. And the color just suits you to a tee Dearest of Emaline's!

My post is coming soon!
Olive